Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Dumos

I was a middle-aged (50's) man, portly in size and of all things (the grandest of aspirations!) balding. In addition I had glorious sideburns. In any case I lived in the village, on the English coast. the town sat in a perfectly rectangular, L-shaped canyon. All the cliffs were perfectly vertical, with no space to step on or cling to, made of light grey rock. The small end of the L faced the sea, while the long end opened to the rest of the coast. In the bend of the canyon were the plateau, divided with spaces in between so as to make five perfectly cubic blocks, each side at least 150 ft. in length (as were the height of the outer walls of the canyon, but those are not important). They all had names, but the fifth one (at the end of the long part of the canyon) was named Dumos. No one had ever seen the tops of these blocks, nor could anyone ever see their tops, for reasons unspecified. In any case one day I had to leave for war, and, having sat on the beach in front of Dumos, accidentally left my book there. I returned thirty years later (unchanged in appearance), to discover that the twin sisters had disappeared shortly after my departure. There had been rumors circulating that they had somehow reached the top of Dumos, and proof that they were extant were the fact that my book was still on the beach after thirty years, and that it had obviously been used because it showed signs of wear and tear. I took the book, and at night, shut myself up in a box car with walls made of glass, in the middle of the town. In the middle of the night, one of the sisters came into towne, searching for the book. She were gaunt as hell, very tall, grotesquely muscular, her skin was dark and grey as rotting flesh, and she crawled on all four limbs. she easily broke the glass doors of the box car off their hinges, but I quickly grabbed onto the doorknobs and held them in place, so obviously she couldn't open the doors. She violently shook the doors, and eventually fell unconscious from frustration and exhaustion. In the morning, the citizens of the town stood circular, staring at her on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.